Religious Research Association Treasurer
The Religious Research Association invites applications for treasurer. The treasurer is a voluntary position appointed by the Board of Directors to a three-year term and may serve an unlimited number of terms.
Assist the Executive Officer in creating and administering the annual operating budget:
- Provide advice to and review of the Executive Officer in his or her preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Review quarterly budget reports from the Business Manager or Executive Officer.
- Advise Executive Officer on the timing and nature of outside financial reviews, and the choice of a reviewer.
Manage the Association’s two investment funds – the Restricted Reserve Fund ($320,000), and the
H.P.Douglass Fund ($50,000):
- Chair the Investment Committee (Treasurer, Executive Officer, and President).
- Be accountable for the implementation of the investment policy and making suggestions to the board through the investment committee for changes to it.
- Monitor investments and make quarterly performance reports to Investment Committee.
- Guide the Investment Committee in choosing and changing Mutual Funds and ETFs that implement the Investment Policy, and in tweaking the allocation among specific investments.
- Be accountable for the implementation of the investment policy, and guide the Board in the occasional review and revision of Investment Policies
- Submit Treasurer’s report to the annual board meeting that includes: an overview of the fiscal situation of the Association; comment on the current and past year’s operating budget performance; commentary on the proposed budget; a summary of decisions made by the Investment Committee, and comment on investments including attachment of the previous quarter’s Investment Committee report.
- Attend annual Board of Directors meetings as a voting member.
- Participate in Executive Committee decision making.
- Be a member in good standing with the Association.
- Experience/Familiarity with organizational budgets and budgeting.
- Experience/Familiarity with retirement account and/or endowment investment strategy and oversight.
- Experience/Familiarity/Comfort with mutual fund/ETF investments.
Interested persons should submit a letter of application and curriculum vitae to Executive Officer Kevin
Dougherty at Kevin_Dougherty@baylor.edu. The search will remain open until the position has been