RRA Board of Directors (with end of terms)
President: Elaine Howard Ecklund (2024)
Treasurer: Matthew Manion (2024)
Secretary: Deborah H.C. Gin (2023)
Executive Officer: Gina Zurlo (2025)
Review of Religious Research Editor: Patricia Snell Herzog (2025)
Board of Directors-at-Large:
- Perry Chang (2026)
- Erica Dollhopf (2023)
- Adair Lummis (2024)
- Jerry Park (2024)
- Aida Ramos (2025)
- Christine Sheikh (2026)
- Brandon Vaidyanathan (2025)
- Andrew Whitehead (2023)
Awards Committee Chair: Courtney Irby (2023)
Nominating Committee Chair: Deborah Coe (2024)
Publications Committee Chair: Katie Corcoran (2023)
Program Committee Chair: Brenton Kalinowski (2024)
Investment Committee Chair: Matt Manion (2024)
Outstanding Research Award Committee Chair: Patricia Wittberg (2023)
Applied Internship Committee Chair: Erica Dollhopf (2023)
Membership Committee Chair: Mark Killian (2023)
Nominating Information for 2023
The RRA is seeking nominations for the following offices:
- President-elect (2-year term)
- Secretary (2-year term)
- Two members of the Nominating Committee (2-year term)
- Two members of the Board of Directors at-large (4-year term)
Those elected this year will begin their terms on January 1, 2024.
- If you are interested in serving in one of these offices, please send a 100-word bio and a short statement of interest (a few sentences).
- If you are thinking of nominating someone else, please ask their permission before submitting their name for nomination. Be sure to include their email address, so the Nominating Committee can contact them to get their bio and statement of interest.
All nominations are due no later than March 17, 2023 to Deborah Coe, Nominating Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because we need a diverse ballot, your nomination might not appear on the ballot this year. If that happens, the 2024 Nominating Committee will be alerted to contact you next year. Also please keep in mind the intentions of the RRA when considering your nomination. The Religious Research Association is…
- Academic and religious professionals working at the intersection of research and practical religious activities.
- An interfaith and international association whose members include college, university, and seminary faculty; religious leaders; organizational consultants; laypersons; and other professionals interested in the intersection of religion and society.
Members of the Nominating Committee, consisting of the chairperson and four other persons, are elected by the RRA membership. It is the duty of the Nominating Committee to present nominations of suitable candidates for officers, chairpersons of standing committees, members of the Nominating Committee, and directors. Each slate of nominations shall include one or more names for each position. Nominating Committee terms are two years, beginning on January 1 and concluding on December 31.
Board of Directors at-large members attend the Board of Directors meeting at the SSSR+RRA annual meeting (Thursday at 1pm the day before the meeting) and helps makes decisions for the Association in conjunction with other Board members. Occasional email exchanges and Zoom meetings may be required throughout the year. At-large members serve 4-year terms, beginning on January 1 and concluding on December 31.
The President-Elect is a one-year term, serving concurrently with the second year of the President’s term. After this one-year term, the President-elect becomes the President for a two-year term, and then serves as Past President for one year following. In total, the service to the Association is four years: President Elect (1 year), President (2 years), Past President (1 year).
The Secretary is expected to take written notes during the RRA board meeting on the Thursday before the annual meeting. These notes should be provided to the Executive Officer following the annual meeting. The Secretary also presents the previous years’ minutes at the annual meeting for board approval. This is a two-year term beginning on January 1 and concluding on December 31.